[opensuse] boot any system
Hello,

I had recently boot problems, probably related to hardware problems (I stopped debugging this, too hard), I had to boot a damaged install (kernel available, but no initrd) and failed so.

It's probably something simple I missed (but the tumbleweed rescue "start linux" system failed also).

openSUSE can boot using "vmlinuz-xen" and "initrd-xen" from the /boot folder of the dvd to launch the install.

It's easy (for one knowing the grub editor as I do) to copy these two files on any disk and lauch the install from there with grub.

but how can I launch a rescue or native system from this?

I tried to add "set root=/dev/sdXY" in grub, with no success

other kernel/initrd?

ideas?

thanks
jdd