RE: Re: [opensuse] Leap, KDE, Bluetooth: how to create a special keyboard shortcut for an inside application function

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: John Andersen
Gesendet: Di. 12.01.2016 20:52
An: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [opensuse] Leap, KDE, Bluetooth: how to create a special
keyboard shortcut for an inside application function

On 01/12/2016 05:48 AM, stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
One hand the pairing function for 13.2 is broken for BT mice (the problem is
known and a won'tfix because
it does substantially work in kde5).

This comes as a shocking surprise to me, and I'm beginning to worry that I
should
run out an buy some other kind of mouse to replace this Bluetooth mouse I've
been using
on 13.2 and 12.3 for the last few years without a problem.

After all, if its officially broken, it must be some delusion on my part that
I use it every day.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht Ende-----

John you shouldn't be shocked but to be useful to user users you may post
differently and give more pertinent information.
The problem is known (I found reference to Ark, to Ubuntu but I can confirm
also for opensuse 13.2).
It hit BT mouse usage when doing the following: dongle protocol 3 or 4, Mouse
brand logitech, (it seems that several mice of this brand are touched by this,
in my case it was logitech M557).
The problem consist not so much in the pairing process (that does work and the
mouse reacts as expected). But you loose the possibility to use it again after
shutdown, suspend to ram or to disk.
These mice will then not wake up (or better to say they will not reconnect.
Cursor will blink and communicate with the dongle, but now connection will take
place.
If instead you do re-pair it from the scratch, it will then work as expected
until shutdown or suspend.

So if your mouse is not hit by this I am very happy.
If your post would have given the reference of which BT mouse and type you are
using that yes would be helpful to user users. Not so much to me, as I know
already that these mice do not work for that version of bluedevil (it seems to
be related with the BT library more than with the blue devil itself. I tried to
download from a build-service repo a newer version but this did not help.

As the mouse is currently sold for cheap in Italy, I thought it would be useful
to have trace of this here, or advice before buying it.
Sure, once you will run Leap or Tumbleweed (or just plasma 5) on your PC you
will not run into it anymore.

https://www.google.de/search?q=M557+does+not+reconnect&gbv=1&sei=eXaVVuStMIqnsAHrkreQAw

Seems to be broken for kde4 due to a library. In leap it works as expected.
Unfortunately the owner does not want to change distribution right now as she
was quite happy up to now with opensuse.

P.S. dongle was a "Hamlet 4.0" BT (that works otherwise very well and is
recognized flawlessly). On the notebook the BT counterpart was a combined
qualcom WLAN/BT minicard. Presented the same problem.

---