Re: [opensuse] I am confused: "high end" graphics Laptop for Suse (in Spain)?
On 2016-01-12 21:38, Daniel Bauer wrote:

I'm going to travel, so can't have this cooler with me, but maybe keep
the laptop on top of a car or outside a bus window :-)

I travel with that thing. It makes the bag bulkier, of course...

I see that my wishes are complicated: long battery life, high
performance graphics, good cooling... affordable, too... and the
manufacturers websites don't help much: every model is the best and the
greatest... and in shops I see models and numbers that don't exist on
the sites...

LOL.

Well, very possibly it will have Optimus hardware, so it will run Intel
graphics while on battery.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_Optimus

Or the equivalent technology for AMD, if you prefer.

I'm copying the lots of useful infos I get on this list (THANKS!) into a
text file and will make sellers at least as confused as I am :-)

Hardware hunting takes a lot of time and effort :-(

Ah! I print all that info into real paper, gluing several pages into a
huge piece. Then I mark interesting items with pen or pencil :-p

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >