Re: [opensuse] I am confused: "high end" graphics Laptop for Suse (in Spain)?

Am 12.01.2016 um 21:20 schrieb Carlos E. R.:
On 2016-01-12 19:23, Daniel Bauer wrote:
Am 12.01.2016 um 17:30 schrieb Carlos E. R.:

I do like HP. Maybe I have been lucky, though.

I had a HP and was very happy many years. But then the graphics card
"burned" because it got too hot, and I read two customer reports on hp's
online store (es) that the new machines get too hot, too. Don't know if
they have a general ventilation problem...

Possibly it is a general problem with all laptops with powerful graphics.

(Mine has pure Intel graphics only and intentionally, to conserve
battery (ie, my purchase aim was battery life, not power)).

I would run it permanently on top of fan "cooler" (is that the name?) A
flat plastic box, wide as the laptop, with a wide fan in it, connected
to one USB port, or to a mains-USB power adaptor. Continuously blows
some air through the laptop.

I'm going to travel, so can't have this cooler with me, but maybe keep the laptop on top of a car or outside a bus window :-)

I see that my wishes are complicated: long battery life, high performance graphics, good cooling... affordable, too... and the manufacturers websites don't help much: every model is the best and the greatest... and in shops I see models and numbers that don't exist on the sites...

I'm copying the lots of useful infos I get on this list (THANKS!) into a text file and will make sellers at least as confused as I am :-)
http://www.daniel-bauer.com
room in Barcelona: https://www.airbnb.es/rooms/2416137