Re: [opensuse] I am confused: "high end" graphics Laptop for Suse (in Spain)?
On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Daniel Bauer <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I had a HP and was very happy many years. But then the graphics card
"burned" because it got too hot, and I read two customer reports on hp's
online store (es) that the new machines get too hot, too. Don't know if they
have a general ventilation problem...

Will subscribe to the .es list to put my question about where to buy...

regards

My HP laptop is a few years old (2011?). The CPU fan recently failed.
I decided to replace it myself. It has been an adventure in advanced
disassembly reassembly to get it done. I have a wifi antenae wire in
the wrong place currently. I need to disassemble again and move that
wire. (Currently I can't install the DVD drive.)

Anyway, the one fan handles the CPU and the graphics chips as well as
a row of capacitors.

fyi: Pavilion dv7

Greg
--