Re: [opensuse] Regarding Carlos ER's Mailinglist Ban
On 01/12/2016 12:25 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2016-01-11 18:16, Richard Brown wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks to those participating in the conversation concerning mailing
list moderation that did not resort to personal attacks, name calling,
or implying ill will towards any particular member of the community.

We have reviewed both the direct feedback to board@xxxxxxxxxxxx and
all comments of the various threads and have come to the following
conclusion.
While the imposed ban on Carlos from the lists was justified, well
intentioned and has resolved the disruption that was occurring on some
lists, in retrospect the ban had further reaching impacts than
expected, including removing a good source of help from this
opensuse@o.o mailinglist. For that, we would like to apologise.

We have asked the ML admin team to re-instate Carlos on opensuse@.o.o
while keeping the positing restriction on other lists in place until
February 14th.

Again thanks to those participating in the discussion that focused on
the matter of the issue.

The openSUSE Board
Andrew Wafaa
Bruno Friedmann
Kostas Koudaras
Michal Hrušecký
Richard Brown (Chair)
Robert Schweikert

Well, thank you! Much appreciated. :-)

I'll take the chance to thank you everybody else for their understanding
and support. To some I have expressed such in private, now I do so in
public and thus not forget people.

But... there have been some gross words written here in my support, and
even though I can understand why they appear, those I would prefer would
not be written. Let's keep things friendly, or at least, even in the
heat, polite :-)

Bravo Carlos, well said! Gustav.