Re: [opensuse] disabling KMS (nomodset)
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 13:35:42 +0100 (CET)

On Monday, 2016-01-04 at 15:54 -0500, Felix Miata wrote:

1/3 of the card brands, which isn't indicative of cards in use. Relatively
few machines are built with onboard nvidia gfxchips, while huge numbers are
with intel, likely more than half of desktops and laptops. OTOH, no one is
using intel video cards, as intel hasn't made any since last century.

Many laptops come with hybrid graphics. Intel while on battery, nvidia/amd while on AC.

They are complicated to setup.

I "think" I had a bunch of desktop computers with Intel graphics, on a job place. It was around year 2000, so I don't remember if they were on the main board or on a card. I kind of prefer Intel graphics for office use, less problems (usually).

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)