[opensuse] Re: Re: Strange update problem - Leap 42.1
On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 14:50, Per Jessen wrote:
Yamaban wrote:

Shorted from above:
Wah!-Comp-wants-to-use-IPv6-but-I-have-only-IPv4-no-connect-at-all

Yup.

Hmm, have you ever heard of "/etc/gai.conf" ? Nifty file to configure
just HOW that damn glibc orders the get-address-info stuff.

Yes, but there really should be no need to fiddle with that. The
problem is that Gustav's router hands out an IPv6 route although it has
no IPv6 connectivity. The correct way to fix the problem would be to
change the router setup, but the easy way is to just dhcp4 instead of
both -4 and -6.

Sorry, but: "Snort"
NOT possible with wicked. (except if you mong the system, aka:
replacing /usr/lib/wicked/bin/wickedd-dhcp6 or
force disabling wickedd-dhcp6.service)

Just TRY to remove or disable dhcp v6 on Leap 42.1, it laughs at you.

Yes, I'm frustrated by that behavior, but that is the "Party-Line" from
the SUSE desicion-making-staff above.

- Yamaban.