Re: [opensuse] .mod files
On 01/06/2016 01:02 PM, don fisher wrote:
In a related thread, I stated that I used the distribution media with
the upgrade option to update my system. As part of that process it did
run grub2 and update the boot configuration. I now find that I have 256
.mod files in my root directory. What are they and what should I do with
them? A Google link says they are usually generated by grub2, but I do
not understand why they were generated or what to do with them.

Please clarify "root directory".
Do you mean

/*.mod

/root/*.mod

/boot/grub2/i386-pc/*.mod

/boot/grub2/x86_64-efi/*.mod

All those are *under* the "root directory" by various interpretations of
the phrase.

*IF AND ONLY IF* you mean one of the first two, then you have a problem,
and I'm sure we'd be interested in how that came about.

*HOWEVER* if its the last two, then that's correct and leave it alone.