Re: [opensuse] disabling parallel boot
  • From: listreader <suselist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 01:41:00 -0600
On Wed, 06 Jan 2016 08:31:24 +0100
Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thomas Taylor wrote:

On Tue, 5 Jan 2016 12:09:14 +0100
jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

To debug a boot problem, the parallel starting of tasks is
annoying, because the logs are difficult to sort.

Is there a way to unset this feature and start each task one after
the other?

thanks
jdd

If you're using KDE open YAST, select System > /etc/sysconfig
Editor > System > Boot > RUN_PARALLEL, change setting to "no".

In Leap42 (with or without KDE) I don't see that option in YaST. I do
see it in openSUSE 13.1, but as of openSUSE 13.2, it seems to have
disappeared. Or am I just missing some yast module?

I have it in 13.2 (as per my previous message) but I am LXDE, not KDE.
I don't know if there's a difference in the installs.

Ralph