Re: [opensuse] disabling KMS (nomodset)
Le 05/01/2016 01:05, Felix Miata a écrit :

needs to for me. I've never installed any proprietary driver on any of my own
Linux systems. FOSS and the hardware it supports rulez! :-)

"proprietary" nvidia driver seems to be opensource now. I didn't (yet) try to remove the nvidia repository

I'm surprised it loads. Or, maybe it doesn't, and that's the "crash" you
experience. What does Xorg.0.log look like when nomodeset is omitted from
cmdline.

every Xorg log file I have ends up normally. The crash gives general protection fault (as seen in the bugzilla entry)

thanks, I have to try removing nvidia repository

jdd