[opensuse] Re: leap boots randomly
On Mon, 4 Jan 2016 11:16, Per Jessen <per@...> wrote:

jdd wrote:

Le 04/01/2016 11:06, Per Jessen a écrit :

I haven't really understood your problem here - it sounds like your
system does not always complete the boot-up, is that correct?

yes

Okay.

I assume this is bug#960392 ? Looking at the dmesg output, I notice
this:

NVRM: Your system is not currently configured to drive a VGA console
NVRM: on the primary VGA device. The NVIDIA Linux graphics driver
NVRM: requires the use of a text-mode VGA console. Use of other console
NVRM: drivers including, but not limited to, vesafb, may result in
NVRM: corruption and stability problems, and is not supported.

I googled that, there are quite a few hits. Seems to be grub related. I
don't know if it is really a problem though.

In this case it helps to try using grub2 in textmode:
file "/etc/default/grub", search for "TERMINAL", and change,
or if not found add the line:
[Code]
GRUB_TERMINAL=console
[/Code]

also add "nomodeset" to the GRUB_CMDLINE*A

and run the needed "grub2-mkconfig" command afterwards.

For further details see "(p)info grub2".

- Yamaban.