Re: [opensuse] (offtopic) how do you organize your data?
On 04/01/16 05:28, Xen wrote:
I will try to keep this short, but I just wanted to ask if somebody had
seen something or knows something that I might have missed.

First of all this question is about textual or informational data.

Just as you can keep e.g. newspaper articles in a folder, and notes in a
notebook, and addresses in some address book, so too can you organize
the same kind of data digitally.

There are three categories of information:

- personal (information pertaining to your person and your life) (first
level)
- notition (self-generated data that you maintain in order to remember
things) (second level)
- knowledge (archived articles, may included "bookmarks" as well) (third
level).

I'm not sure this *is* offtopic.

I use dedicated applications for specific files, eg. Digikam for photos,
Thunderbird address book for contact details, etc. However, that still
leaves a lot of uncategorised stuff, useful snippets, etc. For this and
all the personal stuff, I use Leo <http://leoeditor.com/>. Actually, it
is much more than an organiser, and I also use it, alongside Kate, to
write python code.

Bob
--
Bob Williams