Re: [opensuse] slow desktop action and hangs after upgrade to 42.1
On January 2, 2016 12:07:21 AM PST, "George Olson (SUSE list)"
<grglsn765@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 01/02/2016 08:49 AM, stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Your system is running baloo file indexing on the whole disk. The
delays will be
in the same moment as heavy disk activity I suppose.
Once the indexing process has finished, the system will turn to be
normally responsive.
Log in your user and just let it run. Go to bed and when you wake up
it should be O.K.
This has normally nothing to do with conflicts.
Try "top" from the command line to see that balloo indexer is running
requiring a lot of
CPU load.

Is there a way to tell when baloo file indexing is complete, besides
top? Is there a command line tool or something that you can type in
that
will say it is 90% or 100% or anything like that?

No, but you may be on the track anyway.

Baloo does not actually use that much resources anyway. Furthermore it doesn't
index the whole disk in the default setup.

If you have terabytes of disks to index it might take till morning but I doubt
it. It can index just about as fast as it can read all the data.