Re: [opensuse] memtest only seeing 48GB out of 64GB?
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 16:15:34 -0500
On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 3:56 PM, John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 12/30/2015 12:51 PM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
I have tried the "bad" DIMM in 3 slots standalone. In all 3 it works.

In all 3 if I add a second DIMM, then the "bad" DIMM disappears and
only the second one is visible.

Is that a normal failure mode?

If so, is it a bad DIMM, or something wrong with the MB?

Are these all matched DIMMs? Same brand, same speed, same features?

I have seen this before, back in the day when trying to use ECC and
non ECC in the same banks (paired dim slots).

In theory they are all the same. Corsair Vengeance DDR4.

The PC was a custom build from Fry's Hopefully that didn't do any mix
and match tricks.

Greg