Re: [opensuse] memtest only seeing 48GB out of 64GB?
On 12/30/2015 12:51 PM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
I have tried the "bad" DIMM in 3 slots standalone. In all 3 it works.

In all 3 if I add a second DIMM, then the "bad" DIMM disappears and
only the second one is visible.

Is that a normal failure mode?

If so, is it a bad DIMM, or something wrong with the MB?

Are these all matched DIMMs? Same brand, same speed, same features?

I have seen this before, back in the day when trying to use ECC and
non ECC in the same banks (paired dim slots).