Re: [opensuse] 13.1 Virtualbox Stopped Working??? Looks like update killed it, but which? How to fix?
But you say you have updated from version 4 to version 5.

Something may have changed there. I never used 4, but version 5 on Windows also wants that extension pack.

You may simply need or want to fix that extension pack to get it working.

But then again, maybe you are correct and a Windows "version 4" image is going to give trouble in a Windows "version 5" image.

However, then, at that point, I don't think it should be /VirtualBox/ that is complaining.

At that point it would be /Windows/ that misses the required driver.

Which is doubtful.

Regards...