Re: [opensuse] New to desktop usage of Linux, is OpenSuSE the right distro for this use-case?
On Wednesday 30 December 2015 09.44:43 cagsm wrote:
I recently tried Leap for a desktop machine, but e.g. Firefox would
not play most web video sites, e.g. youtube or similar, sites telling
me my setup was not supported, lacked codecs and stuff. I wonder if
OpenSuSE has some copyright or licensing problems of to offer the
codecs? Or is there a simple way to add all the missing stuff that
maybe OpenSuSE cannot provide due ot legal reasons via other means?
Packman?

What other stuff am I missing with OpenSuSE as to-be desktop user?
Maybe I should stick with Windows or Mac?
Thank you in advance for giving a basic run-down for a Linux desktop noob.

?Troll?

If you know about Packman you probably know the answer is "Yes" to most of
your questions.

There are (where?) distribution better suited to people who want to overcome
standard FOSS limits. Sabayon is one that comes to my memory.