Re: [opensuse] New to desktop usage of Linux, is OpenSuSE the right distro for this use-case?
Op woensdag 30 december 2015 09:44:43 schreef cagsm:
I recently tried Leap for a desktop machine, but e.g. Firefox would
not play most web video sites, e.g. youtube or similar, sites telling
me my setup was not supported, lacked codecs and stuff. I wonder if
OpenSuSE has some copyright or licensing problems of to offer the
codecs? Or is there a simple way to add all the missing stuff that
maybe OpenSuSE cannot provide due ot legal reasons via other means?
Packman?

What other stuff am I missing with OpenSuSE as to-be desktop user?
Maybe I should stick with Windows or Mac?
Thank you in advance for giving a basic run-down for a Linux desktop noob.

You should add the packman repository and replace whatever is installed from
the main repository by a similar package from the packman repository. You may
also need other packages from the packman repository.

In YaST you can find a list of community repositories to add, you only need
packman.

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE