Re: [opensuse] Leap on Lenovo 201 - failure to start any x session
  • From: Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 09:59:35 +0300
On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 9:11 PM, <stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I tried to install Leap on a Lenovo X201, all updates during install.

Results so far:
if you password protect grub, it works but the unlocking in order to access a
"failsafe setting" does not work.

I do not understand this. You have "failsafe setting" menu entry? When
you select this menu entry you need to authenticate? What happens when
you authenticate?

If you take of the passwordprotection of grub then then you find out that a
failsafe session has simply not been set up. So I will have to do that by
hand and since
it does not seem that it accepts boot parameters in grub

What "it" in the above refers to?