Re: [opensuse] making iso from distribution bootable usb stick
On 27/12/15 09:47 AM, Stanislav Baiduzhyi wrote:
On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 4:43 PM, Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am pretty sure that this is not going to work. I used image writer to
create a usb stick to install Leap. It contains two partitions, a very
small EFI (FAT-16) partition and a hidden 4GB NTFS or HPFS partition
containing the files from the ISO image:
Well if you were patient enough to read to the end of my email - I
actually tried it and md5sum of extracted iso image matched the
downloaded one. And also I specified the entire device, /dev/sdc, not
the partition on the device.
I did read it, Stanislav, all the way to the end. I read it several
times, in fact.

I will believe it works if you (or anyone) will now take your newly
created ISO image, write it to a DVD, and you can boot from it.