Re: [opensuse] Don't rely on Shakespeare as an authority for Roman history
On 12/26/2015 06:00 PM, Ruben Safir wrote:

Come I to speak in Caesar's funeral.
He was my friend, faithful and just to me:
But Brutus says he was ambitious;
And Brutus is an honourable man.
He hath brought many captives home to Rome
Whose ransoms did the general coffers fill:
Did this in Caesar seem ambitious?

Oh, yes, Caesar was ambitious, Brutus was right, Caesar was the man who
wanted EMPIRE!
The man who saw to the ending of the Republic, the ending of the "Senate
and People" as the source of power and management.

No, lets talk rather of Cato.

And, sadly, I know how this all ended.