[opensuse] ban the board
On 12/27/2015 06:01 AM, jdd wrote:
Hello,

We all probably know several ways to create a bootable usb stick from an
iso image. I have lot of them in my openSUSE booth kit.

But from time to time, pretty rarely, I get a computer that do not want
to boot my usb pen. I had that yesterday, a 32 bits computer that booted
leap 64 usb (onbly to say it can't install it, of course), but refused
to boot 13.2 32 bits (that booted perfectly on the next computer).

So, as I don't want to keep several dvd with me, I would like to know
how to extract the iso from the usb device to copy it to a blank dvd (I
can have spare ones).

optionally, I was said it's possible with debian usb pen to boot any
(probably debian) media, plug the usb and continue install from there.
Is it possible to do the same with openSUSE? If so, I could use a single
boot dvd and run after this any usb pen

in other words, is it possible to launch yast-install from the command
line?

thanks
jss

man mkisofs

But if Carlos was hear, he would have a more detailed answer. Maybe the
board can answer since they aren't too busy making excuses for banning
people.

Ruben
http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!