Re: [opensuse] The community demands for Richard Brown to resign Now

Отправлено с iPhone

27 дек. 2015 г., в 11:17, Andrew Wafaa <andrew@xxxxxxxx> написал(а):

On 2015-12-26 23:31, Ruben Safir wrote:
The community demands for Richard Brown to resign Now for their
censorship of Carlos ER and their refusal to recognize the grievous
error they made. Their actions and explanations reflect the most
terrible abuses that any FLOSS group can abuse its users with and
therefore the must STEP DOWN NOW.

The decision to ban Carlos was not Richard's, it was the openSUSE Board
elected by members of the openSUSE project that decided. Those members are
people who are active within the project, helping drive the innovation
forward and ensuring that openSUSE stays competitive with our peers. Those
members have entrusted the Board to look after the best interests of the
project, and that is what they strive to do.

So am I right that definition of "community" that was mentioned here so often
in relation to "community distribution" is restricted to "openSUSE members" and
explicitly excludes anyone else?

The Board received multiple complaints from openSUSE members about Carlos'
activity on the mailing lists, especially on opensuse-factory. Several people
have tried to explain that bombarding a mailing list with emails which don't
reflect the topic of the list - factory is for Tumbleweed and developmental
issues. Carlos believed he was doing no wrong and continued to ignore
people's public and private complaints.

How is it related to *this* list? Why he was banned from *this* list?

This is when the Board took the decision to give Carlos a warning, which he
also decided to ignore. We then voted on what action to take. That is when
the decision to ban Carlos came up. Several Board members felt a much harder
line should have been taken, Richard was actually one that calmed some of us
down - to be frankly honest I am one of those that felt this is too weak.

If you would like some definitive action, may I suggest you walk the talk
instead of just firing your mouth off. Postulating like that benefits no-one
and those that actually care and roll their sleeves up with contributions
ignore much of these theatrics.