Re: [opensuse] LibreOffice
On Saturday 26 December 2015 22.03:04 John Andersen wrote:
Is there a Opensuse repository for LibreOffice 5.x (OS 13.2) anywhere?

It seems the Opensuse packages are all several releases behind, stuck at
version 4.3.7 which is so old that even the LibreOffice site doesn't
acknowledge its existence any more.

Hmm. I _am_ using 4.3.7.2. It's something like 6 month old. What makes you
believe that newer is better? What is there in the new version that you need?

Apart from the fact that many seem to think that a software that has not been
updates in two weeks is no more being maintained (which is stupid)...

Does anyone have experience with the packages on the LO site for Version
5.0.4?

... Yes, I have installed version 5 from the LO rpms, no problem. However I
will not be using it before next summer (because I don't want to take the
risk of having to reformat all my documents without the summer holliday to do
that.

My 4.3.7.2 version was also installed directly from the LO rpms. I had too
many problems with the openSUSE versions.

Thierry