Re: [opensuse] Re: Moderation on mailing list
John Andersen - 12:20 24.12.15 wrote:
On 12/24/2015 12:01 PM, stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
As Carlos never caused me any harm and helped me on several
occasions I would also second his reinstatement at the first
possible occasion. This would allow him to continue his useful
contribution. And if such a measure (ban) wants to be useful, it can
only be it through its very time limitless. Isn't it? Otherwise we
would send all people sooner or later for "renewal" as in 1976's
"Logan's run".

Immediate reinstatement would be my vote. Nothing less.

Further, to remove _the most disruptive member of this list_, I
suggest Mr Brown serve the rest of Carlos's sentence and be banned
from the lists (all of them) till mid February.

If you have conflict with *any* community member or you find *any*
community member violating our guidelines and not responding to your
warnings, feel free to escalate the issue (in the best case with some
pointers/proofs) to the openSUSE Board.

What the hell is the Board doing policing a "Community List" anyway,
other than putting the lie to the claim that Opensuse is a "community
distro"? We all know how to run a plonk file, we don't need any self
appointed nanny to do it for us.

Responding to several official complains from various community members.
Board[1] is elected by the community and one of it's functions is to help
resolve conflicts. So I don't see where you see any conflict in board
responding to complains.

[1] https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board