Re: [opensuse] Have I been hacked or "visited"? seccheck and rkhunter outputs
On 12/24/2015 12:21 PM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
If you want to get extreme, use a dedicated VM for browsing websites
that don't have your personal/financial info.

I saw a discussion, (maybe it was here on this list) of running web browsers
not only sandboxed, as most of them do, but also as a different user, with
very few privileges and restricted access.

It seemed quite an elaborate setup, and as I recall it was problematic
downloading anything or uploading anything via the browser (such as when
using web mail).

Some quick hits:
http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/54485/running-firefox-as-unprivileged-user-on-linux
http://www.la-samhna.de/library/firefox.html