Re: [opensuse] Error downloading codecs for K3b
On 12/19/2015 03:41 PM, Darryl Gregorash wrote:
On 19/12/15 04:12 PM, don fisher wrote:
I downloaded codecs using a one click install which now seems to not
be present in section 13 of the guide. When I load k3b I receive the
following messages. What should I do? Remove
KMimeTypeRepository::parents, an if do how does one do that?

<snip>

Where did you install K3b from?

Try adding the Packman repository to your list; then in YaST/Software
Management, force a vendor change to the Packman repository for the k3b,
k3b-langs and k3b-codecs packages. You will also need to select packages
"normalize" and "transcode", also available on Packman, to have a fully
functioning K3b. Accept any automatic changes that are necessary (to
resolve dependencies), and let the install proceed.

I believe I have all of the packages you describe installed. Codec is
2.0.80+git20151026.2112-17.1 from packman.links2linux.de

If I perform a YAST2 search on codecs, there are 24 codecs listed, many describes as audio. I do not know which are required by k3b or other packages.

don