Re: [opensuse] [Leap 42.1] [RESOLVED] Strange listing in /var/run/user
On 17/12/15 09:26 PM, Carl Hartung wrote:
On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 19:44:25 -0600
Darryl Gregorash wrote:

ls: cannot access /var/run/user/1000/gvfs: Permission denied
A quick search on the above string yields many hits, including this:

I have to admit that I did not search too deeply, as I encountered this
in the midst of trying to resolve my scanner problem. You certainly got
a lot more results than I did searching only for "gvfs" :D I don't
recall the Wikipedia article giving this much information; then again,
see above -- I didn't read it in depth.

driver process. Even root doesn't get to bypass this restriction."
What a strange way to do things. This is the first time I've ever
encountered such a thing. Are there any more oddities like this, in case
I run into them in the future?

Thanks for the info, also to Carlos ER, who replied privately.