Re: [opensuse] Leap: strange problem with SWAP bloating

Am 14.12.2015 um 16:09 schrieb Per Jessen:
James Knott wrote:

On 12/14/2015 02:40 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
The question is perhaps - is there a real problem? Is your machine
being slowed down by excessive swapping?

I find Firefox bogs down after a while and shutting it down is the
only way to clear it. I don't know if this is related to the bloat
problem.

Firefox with Flash does that to me too - the machine becomes slower and
slower, I check in "top", and Firefox is running at 100%.

this was a topic already. firefox does this with or without flash, it just keeps everything in memory what you have visited and never ever frees this memory again, unless you completely shut down the program (only closing some windows or tabs does not free their contents).

You win a millisecond when going back to an already visited page, for the price that everything gets slower, and in the end you don't even win that millisecond, but still pay the price...

It is very annoying, but it is as is...

http://www.daniel-bauer.com
room in Barcelona: https://www.airbnb.es/rooms/2416137