[opensuse] Leap: strange problem with SWAP bloating
When using streaming or a broser like chromium or firefox I have the problem
that this machine bloats the swap up to 350- 400 Mb and even more up to 1G and
more.

It is possible that I have a memory leak of some application? But then, when I
close all applications, the swap memory stays, the PC swaps heavily, gets
nearly unusable.

Out of the 3 GB of memory only 1.1 are used in these situations. Often it
begins with a 30 MB Swap used without any apparent reason.
To get a system back to normal I have to go to konsole and sudo swapoff -a and
once done sudo swapon -a
This makes things turn to normal. Any suggestion on how to find out what causes
this?
I never had problems like this ever before with 3GB of RAM. Should be far
enough for a simple 64 bit OS with a browser opens. Even two browsers should
not be a problem.

---