Re: [opensuse] upgrading to new Distribution release : autoinst.xml
  • From: Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 15:21:48 +0300
On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 3:15 PM, Oliver Kurz <okurz@xxxxxxx> wrote:
s :)

I don't see how this should properly work or why. IMHO autoyast is intended to
clone a configuration - using the same distribution variant and version.
yast offers "yast2 clone_system" generating an autoyast configuration file.

autoyast is intended to automate deployment. Whether configuration
comes from existing system or you create it yourself is more or less
irrelevant. Quite often you want to base it on some standard
configuration but still allow variance based on e.g. hardware
difference (memory, disks, etc). I was actually impressed how flexible
it is (it is heavily used in one of projects I am involved in).
Unfortunately I have not see good documentation either ... :p