Re: [opensuse] Re: openSuSE 13.1 gtk_file_chooser_dialog_new triggers org.gtk.Private.GPhoto2VolumeMonitor Error?
On 12/09/2015 12:09 AM, David C. Rankin wrote:
Thank you,

If I remove:

/usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor
/usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.gtk.Private.GPhoto2VolumeMonitor.service

won't that mess up gphoto2 ability to connect/download info from phones,
cameras, etc?

How is this service ever supposed to work to begin with? /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor is a file with permissions set to '0000':

$ ls -al /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor
---------- 1 root root 94296 Aug 26 2014
/usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor

Then it is supposedly launched by org.gtk.Private.GPhoto2VolumeMonitor.service:

$ cat /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.gtk.Private.GPhoto2VolumeMonitor.service
[D-BUS Service]
Name=org.gtk.Private.GPhoto2VolumeMonitor
Exec=/usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor

Does the heading of [D-BUS Service] supposedly provide the systemd magic to chmod the gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor file before it is launched? This certainly looks like there should be an easy fix to make the setup respond without throwing an error. Anybody see any fertile ground here?

I also see "Success (g-dbus-error-quark, 23)" at the end of the error string, do you know what that is telling me? I know where the general error handling is coming from -- from https://developer.gnome.org/gio/stable/gio-GDBusError.html, but that page doesn't actually give information on what the error is - a complete `grep 23 /usr/include/glib-2.0/gio/*` doesn't seem to help either....

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.