Re: [opensuse] strange mdraid problem
07.12.2015 19:58, Istvan Gabor пишет:
Hello:

For some reason (probably a loose cable) all of my mdraid type 1
(mirror) arrays became degraded. After replugging the cables I have
resynchronized most of the arrays but not all of them. The arrays
that have been resynched work nicely but those devices which I
haven't resynched act strange: at every boot either one or the other
disk of the array is assembled to the array. That is, one time
/dev/md8 has /dev/sda8 assembled and /dev/sdb8 kicked off and the
other time /dev/md8 has /dev/sdb8 assembled and /dev/sda8 kicked off.
By the time I discovered this I've had different data on the two
disks of the array.

My questions:

1. If an array becomes degraded and only one device is assembled to
it, the other one should be kicked off consequently after this, until
the array has been resynched or the missing deviced is readded
manually. Why then one or the other device is assembled to the array
at each boot?

If only one piece is visible, how can mdraid know it is stale?

2. How can I force mdraid to assemble only the same one of the
devices to the degraded array? (For example /dev/sda8 to /dev/md8 and
not /dev/sdb8.)

Only by wiping out the wrong one.