Re: [opensuse] what is bootpc good for?
06.12.2015 15:04, stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx пишет:
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Andrei Borzenkov
Gesendet: So. 06.12.2015 12:47
An: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [opensuse] what is bootpc good for?

This is port used by client of BOOTP or DHCP protocols for interface
autoconfiguration.
--

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht Ende-----

Thank you for this fast answer.
So since I have no bootp client or server installed,

You have - it is wicked in your case.

if I understand right that will open every time my router attributes a new
internal ip address?
Would make sense because ss -tulpn gives

ss -tulpn Netid State Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address:Port Peer Address:
Port udp UNCONN 4352 0 *%enp0s25:68 *:*
users:(("wickedd-dhcp4",pid=1253,fd=8)) udp

If this happens often during service, can it be that I somehow misconfigured
my router?
Example, maybe I do have a default lease time that is too short? I ask just
to understand if it is expected to run always or if it may
indicate an configuration error of my side.

No. Your interface is set up for autoconfiguration so it runs DHCP
client. That's all.

Thank you

---