RE: Re: [opensuse] what is bootpc good for?
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Andrei Borzenkov
Gesendet: So. 06.12.2015 12:47
An: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [opensuse] what is bootpc good for?

This is port used by client of BOOTP or DHCP protocols for interface
autoconfiguration.
--

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht Ende-----

Thank you for this fast answer.
So since I have no bootp client or server installed, if I understand right that
will open every time my router attributes a new internal ip address?
Would make sense because ss -tulpn gives

ss -tulpn Netid State Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address:Port Peer Address:
Port udp UNCONN 4352 0 *%enp0s25:68 *:* users:(("wickedd-dhcp4",pid=1253,fd=8))
udp

If this happens often during service, can it be that I somehow misconfigured my
router?
Example, maybe I do have a default lease time that is too short? I ask just to
understand if it is expected to run always or if it may
indicate an configuration error of my side.
Thank you

---