Re: [opensuse] APC Back-UPS (Software needed)
On 12/04/2015 03:30 PM, stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I will suppose that you do use USB for the connection of the UPS.
The package you need is apcupsd.
You have to set the apcups app to be started in automatic with kde (you do that
in systemsettings - startup).
That is all, it is quite easy once you know why it does not work out of box :-)

Thanks to all who replied. The software is installed and working. I started /usr/sbin/apcupsd
as root. I'm not sure how to access systemsettings - startup under kde (which I'm using).

--
OpenSuSE 12.3 -- Kernel 3.7.10-1.16-desktop --- 09:45AM --- Sat 12/05/15
There are 10 types of people, those who know binary and those who don't