Re: [opensuse] How does one encode CDs to mp3 format?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2015 10:46:17 +0100
don fisher wrote:

I went to the "Official guide to openSuse Leap 42.1", section 13,
which is multimedia codecs, and chose the installation with one click
option. Somehow, either with these codecs or installation of grip, I
corrupted something. Now when I run k3b I receive an error message
that states "System locale charset is ANSI_X3.4-1968" which it claims
"is highly unlikely that this has been done intentionally."

ANSI_X3.4-1968 is ASCII.

Can anybody suggest which file this decision is maintained in, and
what it should be for USA? I assume 8 bit.

I would expect "en_US.utf8". I'm not sure where it is set, but you can
probably change it with YaST.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (5.1°C)