Re: [opensuse] Best FS fo PostgreSQL/MariaDB
  • From: Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 14:05:06 +0100
Dne Čt 3. prosince 2015 11:33:55 jste napsal(a):
On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 8:52 AM, Vojtěch Zeisek
<vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dne Čt 26. listopadu 2015 11:37:24, John Andersen napsal(a):
On 11/26/2015 05:18 AM, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Dne Čt 26. listopadu 2015 13:58:23 jste napsal(a):
I've also often heard people complaining that because of ACID DBs are
wearing the SSD very fast, are you concerned about that?

I think this used to be case few years ago, but as far as I know, it
should be alright now.

Define "alright now".

Did the software change what it was doing, or did the existing computers
all magically get upgraded SSDs? Many are stuck with the hardware they
bought a "few years ago".

I mean distributions/HW since last year.I really haven't heard many
complains about lifespan of SSDs. I have very positive experience with it
in several computers (although not in server).

Well I was asking because I've heard the exact opposite, pretty much
everyone who runs ACID-compliant DB moved back to HDD raids. So
interested in your take on this, and of course your future experience
:)

One my friend provides webhosting (several dozens mainly smaller webs - mainly
private, small companies etc.). After half year on SSD (Centos 7, Ext4) he is
very happy with performance as well as with wearing out (almost none).

--
Vojtěch Zeisek

Komunita openSUSE GNU/Linuxu
Community of the openSUSE GNU/Linux