[opensuse] What is the procedure to create a new install of OpenSuse on a new SSD, and preserve the data on the existing drive?
OK, I have two machines that are presently running OpenSuse 13.2. In
both cases, problems arose when the root partition filled up.

I have a new SSD to install in each. What I would like to do is
install OpenSuse fresh onto the SSD, and have the existing drive in
each machine serve for /home, and that in a way that preserves
whatever data I have on the drive.

Actually installing the SSD isn't that much of a problem, but I am
uncertain as to what I will see when the install program detects two
drives, and what to tell it to do with them. What exactly would I
tell it to do, so this all works? And then, after I finish that
install, Can I remove everything from the existing drive except for
the home directory, and how do I tell Suse that home is there?
Assuming I have a complete install onto the new ssd, what directories
can I safely move to the old drive which will reduce the likelihood
that root will run out of space?

Thanks

Ted

--