RE: [opensuse] Leap of Faith: OK, I give up!

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Basil Chupin
Gesendet: Mi. 02.12.2015 11:06
An: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: [opensuse] Leap of Faith: OK, I give up!

I installed k9copy in Leap of Faith a few minutes ago. YaST2 shows that
it is installed. But -- unlike 13.2 -- I cannot find it showing in any
of the Applications launch menu items -- eg, Multimedia. Using ALT-F2
launches k9copy.

Is there something I need to set in the new Applications launching menus
in Leap to be able to see k9copy in the Start menu?

BC

--
Using openSUSE 13.2, KDE 4.14.9 & kernel 4.3.0-21 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht Ende-----
Hi Basil.
There is a bug in Leap that I did encounter.
If you help me to sort out if you have encountered the same I will report it.
For doing so: go and create a menu item in the launcher for K9copy.
It will be created and then you search for it.
You will find (if it is the same bug) that the entry has been created twice now.
One time by yourself (put a comment when you create it, seeing is believing)
and
one time by the system (that is, the one that was missing from before).
I you encounter only yours, end the session and restart it. If you have two
copies now,
that means the bug is confirmed enough for me to report it.
Cheers.

P.S. for me it was Kaffeine that, once installed, showed this behavior.

---