Re: [opensuse] Experiences with HA - Pacemaker, Heartbeat, Corosync?
  • From: Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2015 12:49:18 +0100
Dne Po 30. listopadu 2015 10:40:28, buhorojo napsal(a):
On 30/11/15 09:23, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Hello,
I'm thinking about some HW redundancy of our server. I'd like to have
second machine (slave) and when the first one (master) is down, the
second should take place and provide all services.
But the HW is bit limited now. I have one physical machine (tower server)
without STONITH and if possible, I'd like to use as a slave virtual
machine
(in same network). So the best solution might be just keep one machine,
good backups and in case of HW crash restore onto new HW...
Richard Brown pointed me to Pacemaker (links are below). I have some
doubts
about possibility to use it in my case and I'd like to hear if someone is
using it and preferably has possible experience with those tools. :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9fElUiCdcY
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STONITH
https://software.opensuse.org/package/ha-cluster-bootstrap
https://www.suse.com/documentation/sle-ha-12/
http://clusterlabs.org/
http://drbd.linbit.com/
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/Main_Page
Sincerely,
V.

Hi
We made one for a file server using our teacher's instructions:
http://linuxcostablanca.blogspot.com.es/2014/07/samba4-cluster-for-ad-drbd-o
cfs2-ctdb.html It's time consuming but fun. We had a competition. The record
on
hardware is start to finish in 3 hours. Tell us if you have a go yourself.
HTH

This looks very nice. Thank You for the reports. Now I must go to study more
and think about it little bit before the action.
Yours,
V.

--
Vojtěch Zeisek