Re: [opensuse] Can't create WPA2 network
On 07/30/2015 12:36 AM, Scott Simpson wrote:
OpenSUSE 13.1, NetworkManager

I'm trying to create a WPA2 network and WPA2 isn't showing up in the list when I
click on the NetworkManager icon in the lower right and select "Create New Wi-Fi
Network". I have the wpa2_supplicant packages installed. Here is a picture
showing the dialog box:

https://flic.kr/p/wouQSw

No pulldown for WPA2.

Make sure you have the link for wpa_supplicant.service in /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/, and check if it is running. If not, you can start in from the command line with:

# <yournetiface> -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -f /var/log/wpa_supplicant.log

where <yournetiface> is something like 'wlp23s0'.

There are some access points that refuse to connect with NetworkManager running. See:

https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:WiFi

https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Tracking_down_wireless_problems

And see my post on the issue on 8/1:
[opensuse] 13.1 - Cannot Connect to Wireless AP w/o Killing Network Manager, resolve.conf not updating on return???

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.