Re: [opensuse] Tumbleweed problem --> please help
Hi.

The shell command

strace thunderbird

could be a start point to understand where thunderbird hangs.

Marco

Il 04. 08. 15 14:51, Anton Aylward ha scritto:
On 08/04/2015 07:39 AM, Wilhelm Köpper wrote:
Hello together, this is my first post to this list, so please forgive my
mistakes and give me a friendly hint if anything is inappropriate.

I recently upgraded my tumbleweed by a zypper dup and after that
thunderbird crashes while starting. A
Thank you so much for trying to give us relevant information.
I'm not a tumbweed user but I am still on 13.1 and may end up
tumbleweed-ing. Who knows ...

This is how I'd start to investigate.

I'd look to the version of T'bird in use and find the binary.
I'd use 'ldd' to see what libraries it used and step by step make sure
that those were the ones I had. Perhaps that helps with the question
you posed.

Where I'd go from there depends on what I found.
I might check what happens with other DMs.

As it happens I use KDE as my DM and I also have

zypper lr --url | grep moz
14 | download.opensuse.org-mozilla | openSUSE BuildService - Mozilla |
Yes | Yes |
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_13.1/

so I know I'm up to date on T'Bird.

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I'm aggressive about updating.