[opensuse] Re: Title evolution
Ottavio Caruso wrote:
I'm still new to this mailing list, so please forgive my naivety.

It looks to me there is a number of users here who hijack and fork the
thread title all the time, presumably to fool killfiles and filters,
or simply for plain stupidity.

I remember back in the dark days when I was on the Debian mailing
lists, this was frowned upon.

I would like to hear your opinions about it, as long as you keep the
title intact.
---
Conversations naturally move along. They are not limited
to 1 subject -- though when people are thoughtful, they will change
the subject and even though are threaded below the first subject when others respond to the original subject -- the original
subject line is back.

If you look at the date on my posting and the date 'now'
you see that it was delayed '3' days because I'm on a watch list
for titles involving certain software that I have yet to adopt.

The fact that I have yet to adopt the software, but continue to modify packages around the "problem" makes me suspect
or something, I suppose...but I'm rarely one to jump to the bleeding
edge if I can help it. Maybe all the problems will be ironed out by
the time I decide programming around the problem isn't worth the
effort --- or maybe I'll move to Win10! (*cough*)

Note: I am changing the title of this reply, as I'm describing
what happens.