Re: [opensuse] Autodisconnect of usb-disk-dock
Op 02-08-15 om 14:59 schreef Aaron Digulla:

This is possibly a feature of the dock. They spin down the disk when
it's idle for a while. Some disks also can do that.

Use "hdparm" to check the power status of the dock/disk. I don't
remember the exact command line options; the man page and calling the
command without options should help.

The odd thing is that the disk should spin up by itself when you access
it again. That takes a few moments. A simple "ls" of the folder should
be enough to trigger this.

My way of seeing of some disk is present is do a "cat proc/partitions".
The dock with the disk in it is gone.
Is there a better way to see if there is a disk ? I'm going to try that hdparm, but with this you have to specify a device. I'm going to look if the device is still there. It will be this evening though.

Thanks.

Koenraad