Re: [opensuse] Autodisconnect of usb-disk-dock
On 29/07/15 13:55, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
Hi,

In a thread about two months ago a USB disk-docking station was mentioned (Aukey Super Speed USB3.0 Dual Bay ...). I bought it, but I don't know what's happening with it.
I wanted to use it as my backup-station for my NAS. I was testing it, but it was not reliable.
So I tested it on my Opensuse 13.2 laptop. There it also has "problems". What happens is that after a while of not using it, the connection is dropped. I can't access it any more. I have to remove power and power it on again before I can use it.
I was wondering if this is expected behaviour, or is the dock malfunctioning ?

Any suggestions to investigate this further ?

Koenraad.
Hi
The easiest way is to remove the power manager altogether, never close the lid, run from alt + ctrl + f1 and make sure it's always plugged in. All the settings we tried, we still had to touch the keyboard sometimes.
HTH