Re: [opensuse] How to check kernel messages?
On Sat, 6 Jun 2015 19:39:34 -0500
Rajko <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I like to use "tail -f /var/log/messages", but I can't see any device
notifications.

Original problem is, most likely, broken SD card from an Android phone
with a lot of pictures that disappeared at some point. When I try to
mount it under KDE it doesn't show up in device notifier.

Trying to debug that, but without "tail -f" don't know how to get real
time kernel messages.

Tried all proposals, they work and can be used:
"dmesg -w" and variants work fine, just like "tail -f" would.

"systemctl -f" works the same way with some highlight so it is easier
to capture interesting parts.

"systemctl -b" gives scrollable log output, not what I needed -
output that is updated as new messages are coming.

--
Regards, Rajko.