Re: [opensuse] function of tmpfs /run/user/488
On 06/06/2015 10:44 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2015-06-06 10:38, ellanios82 wrote:

Hello List ,

- what please is function of " tmpfs /run/user/488 " , as shown
by command ' df ' ?

You could run "grep 488 /etc/passwd" to find out which user is that
one. Being under 1000, it will be an automatic system user, a daemon
or service.

Not necessarily.

My uid is 500.
But then it dates back a long, long while.
Back then it was "under 500" rather than "under 1000".
As I've upgraded I've preserved /home and hence /home/anton/ unchanged
so had to edit /etc/passwd to match. :-)

You statement is true if an only if dealing with more recent installs
and newly created IDs, assuming the sysadmin has not fiddled with the
settings as to where userID start.

--
We know nothing about motivation. All we can do is write books about it.
--Peter F. Drucker