[opensuse] Re: konsole dictating dimensions of gvim window
On Fri, Jun 05, 2015 at 06:04:02PM -0700, Linda Walsh wrote:
toothpik wrote:

my request for my winsize is honored if I use alt-F2 to run the bash
starter script, but if I run it from konsole the gvim window is as big
as the konsole
----

That is a **feature**.

if that's true it's a feature I'd like to know how to turn off

It gives you the same size window as if you brought up 'vim'. It is
trying to be consistent.

If people worked with 100char wide terms, all the time, then having
gvim coming up with 65chars wide would be
inconsistent with other ways of invoking vim..

it does seem intentional -- when I make konsole tiny, my plan script
brings up a tiny plan window

how in heck do I regain control of my window size?